AccordionRestore.com (a component of Target Entertainment.net) revolves around folks who play the accordion.
- Repairs are done at my hard-to-find shop in Black Mt. We are 15 miles east of Asheville, NC., off of I-40, exit 64.
- Accordions are expensive and fragile to ship and is not encouraged. We primarily do repairs for those needing service in the Asheville-Hendersonville, NC areas. However, we have serviced accordions in a wide area from Richmond, VA to Memphis Tennessee and Bristol, Tn to Charleston, South Carolina. If you have a question about the accordion’s health and whether it can be repaired, email me a photo and a description of the issue to email@example.com
- For basic repair, we do preventive maintenance work, tuning, installation of microphones and jacks as well as provide backstraps, shoulder straps and switch mechanisms. We sell FRM and Belmonte brand straps.
- How much does it cost? As a rule, a non-refundable $25 diagnosis fee will be assessed but will count towards the entire repair. Under normal conditions, my repairs are guaranteed for 90 days. Here’s the process: All damages are photographed and an estimate of the repair is sent to the customer. The repair is not initiated until the customer signs off on the expense. Generally, a repair can run from as low as $25 to as high as $500+ @ $30/hr bench time. However, most repairs run around $100-$200 to restore to working or playable condition. The customer should be prepared to realize higher costs with hidden issues. See the photos below.
- If you are seeking to restore an heirloom or legacy accordion: Accordions can cost a lot to repair in terms of labor and hard-to-get parts for older or ancient models. More specifically, a complete repair or restoration for an accordion can be challenging, especially those purchased at a yard sale, flea market, or stored unused in gramma’s attic for 30 years. Unless the client is an avid player, we recommend that the customer not plan to invest too much money into restoring a ‘found’ accordion for resale. As stated above, there can be hidden issues. A lot of these older accordions can yield additional problems as the repair person delves into the unit due to age, wax deterioration and neglect.
- Where do I meet you to get it fixed? Acoustic Corner Music in Black Mountain, NC has graciously offered their shop as “pick-up” and “drop-off” point. Their address is 105 F Montreat Rd Black Mountain, NC 28711 and they are located in back of the Whitehorse club (across the street from the Fire Station). Their shop is open Monday thru Saturday from 10am-6pm allowing you flexibility in your schedule. While you are there, please shop for acoustic instruments, picks, strings and other accessories that you might like for your music collection. Unfortunately, Acoustic Corner store personnel will not have answers for accordion repair questions or related equipment. Let us know you are going to drop off an accordion at Acoustic Corner by calling 828-669-2592 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking to purchase? We can refer you to qualified retail accordion dealers for all types and models of “squeeze” boxes, new and used. We recommend that the player choose native made Italian or German accordions. Cheaper Chinese accordions can be purchased on-line at a variety of websites.
- Looking to rent? Yes, We can rent you an accordion. We have provided accordions for weddings, a 6 week stage production, and last minute replacement for local concerts. We can also give you lessons, too.
- We also sell some refurbished accordions as well as good-condition used accordions for reasonable prices.
Questions? Send an email to the repair guy here.
Or Call: 828-669-2592 between 10am and 6pm Monday thru Saturday
Here are some accordions with common issues:
Here are some solutions: